The BC Agriculture and Climate Change Education Series is hosted in collaboration with the and the BC Ministry of Agriculture with funding from the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
It will be hosted simultaneously at six education institutions:
- The University of British Columbia (Okanagan & Vancouver)
- University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George & Terrace)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Richmond)
- Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops)
- Northern Lights College (Fort St. John)
- University of the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford)
The Education Series will provide university students (undergraduate and graduate), and new professionals from across the province, with an introduction to climate change adaptation in the BC agriculture sector and highlight related career opportunities. The four modules will be broadcasted weekly to each satellite location from 6:30-8:30 pm and will include a presentation and facilitated group activity that will provide participants with a local and provincial perspective on:
- Module 1: Using Future Climate Projections (February 28th)
- Module 2: Adaptation Concepts and Initiatives (March 7th)
- Module 3: Collaborative Research for Producer Adaptation (March 14th)
- Module 4: Extension for Climate-Smart Agriculture (March 21st)
Registration is free and will be open until February 20th. There is an option to attend either all or only some of the modules. Space will be limited at each location so make sure to register as early as possible to secure your seat at this event.