The BC Agriculture and Climate Change Education Series was a four-part event, delivered across eight educational institutions in early spring 2019. The series covers key climate change issues in the British Columbia agricultural sector and highlights current initiatives that support producer adaptation.
Each module includes a broadcasted presentation from a leading expert in the field, an interactive question period and facilitated regional activities. Using video conferencing, key discussion points from each region were shared across the province during a report back session to give participants both a regional and provincial perspective on climate change issues and initiatives in BC.
Live and studio versions of the content have been professionally recorded and are posted on the module pages. The videos are freely available for integration into materials for courses, training sessions and professional development.
The series was delivered live to nearly 300 individuals across the province thanks to the cross-provincial collaboration of these educational institutions:
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver and Okanagan)
- Kwantlen Polytechnique University (Richmond)
- University of the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford)
- Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops)
- University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George)
- Northern Lights College (Fort St. John)