The Climate & Agriculture Initiative BC (CAI) supports the province's agriculture sector with adapting to climate change.
- Creates networks and fosters partnerships and collaboration
- Implements projects to demonstrate, test and evaluate approaches and practices
- Develops resources and tools
- Shares information and transfers knowledge
CAI was established in 2008 through a partnership of the BC Agriculture Council and Investment Agriculture Foundation of BC. This model enabled a proactive and pan-agriculture approach to climate change.
Today, CAI continues with this model as it delivers the BC Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries’ climate change adaptation programs:
- The Regional Adaptation Program for regional-level strategic planning and project implementation
- The Farm Adaptation Innovator Program supporting farm-level applied research projects
Through these programs and provincial-level work, CAI brings together agricultural organizations, producers, governments and researchers to collaboratively address climate change challenges.